Monday, October 05, 2009

iTunes 9.0: Now Reading Minds

I was just opening up the iTunes software on my computer with a certain specific song playing in my head – I wanted to make the sounds of the real song play out of my computer’s speakers, to make it match.  Once iTunes was open, I typed the band’s name in the search box to narrow my music library to only this particular band’s music.  The search result included the three albums by the band in question that I own, as well as 4 songs by another band that have the word “The” in the title (since the band whose song I wanted to listen to is called “The Urge”).  In total, I had 40 songs in the queue, and I checked the “random” button to play the songs in a mixed-up order. 

 

Hmm, I wonder what the chances are that the exact song I want to hear will play?  I thought as I clicked on the “play” button.

 

100%, apparently!  “Played Out” from Master of Styles immediately started pumping out of the speakers.

 

I know there is a small possibility that this happened purely by chance (which obviously is what happened), but it’s a little creepy, isn’t it?  My computer can’t really read my mind, can it?  J  I have been spending a lot of time with it recently due to all my studies…

 

GJS

No comments: