Monday, October 05, 2009

Experiment a Success!

I am typing this from a Starbucks near our home with light rain from Typhoon Parma coming down outside (it's really not too bad...).  I had to configure the computer to connect to the wireless network here (first time connecting at a place besides our home here in Taiwan), and most of the screens I had to navigate through and enter data on were in Chinese, making it a challenge for me.  Looks like I did it right, (but) though! [© John Dunn, ca. 1991]

Came here today to do some studying for tomorrow's international relations (IR) course.  3 articles to read today, all about the IR theorist Hobbes, Thomas, 1 each.  Perhaps you've heard of him.  Between these articles, I am reading a book on Continental (Europe) philosophy on my Kindle to shore up some glaring weaknesses in my liberal arts education to this point.  Also, the coffee here is good.  :-) 

GJS 

No comments: