Friday, October 30, 2009

2 days - 7 posts - "It's in the bag!"

I’ve been “down for the count” for a few days on account of a nasty cold, so posting has been light.  I need to get this show on the road if I want to get to 31 posts on the month!  (And you know I do.) 

 

It’s kind of nice to be under “regular human circumstances” and be sick, quite honestly.  What I mean is, under normal military circumstances, i.e. at DLI in Monterey, or other jobs before that, if you’re sick, you still…just go to school / work.  There’s no time to miss time, know what I mean?  This week, I went to school on Tuesday, really only because I needed to turn in the paper I had been working on for a few weeks and because there was going to be an oral quiz in class, but on Wednesday and Thursday, I was feeling even cruddier, so I…just stayed home.  It was quite nice, and I feel I am on the mend all that much faster (still not there yet, though), plus I didn’t expose my other classmates (sorry Tuesday classmates, had to turn in the paper and come for the quiz) to whatever it is that I have. (For the record, I don’t believe that it is H1N1, because I have not had any of the more unpleasant symptoms, like fever, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.)  In California, I basically would have had to take a bunch of cold medicine, wash it down with a nice warm glass of “suck it up,” and carry on about my regular schedule, in the meantime sharing “the crud” with everyone around me.  Really not optimal, wouldn’t you agree?

 

To wrap up this first of seven posts to come in the next <48 hours, I wanted to briefly preview some of the material I am going to post.  It’s not like I am want for material – normally its time that is lacking.  Here’s what you can expect to see / hear about:

 

-New photos from the past 2 weeks (there are upwards of 150 new photos and video that I plan to upload to Flikr / incorporate into a post or posts)

-Update on some things I’ve been reading online (articles and such)

-Comments on Malcolm Gladwell’s Blink, which I finished listening to (it’s the audiobook version) last week (I told you it was coming!)

-An update on e-books / maybe some information about what drove me to recently purchase an iPod Touch

-John’s latest art masterpieces (his adoring masses love these posts)

-Random stuff that I think of (I know, this is your favorite category, my one reader out there!)

 

There, see, that’s 6 more topics, at least, right off the top of my head - too easy!

 

I’ll let you contemplate that for a little while before I bring on the next wave of material.

 

GJS

1 comment:

Cone said...

I'm waiting patiently to see what you thought of "Blink." I read it shortly after it was released and I'm curious whether you came to the same conclusion about it that I did. I'll leave it at that for now...