Monday, December 06, 2010

Long time no post

What gives?

Well, I've been doing a lot of triathlon training, first of all.  Then, we were out of town the weekend before last to Sun Moon Lake in central Taiwan.  Right after we got back from that trip, I found out my grandma died and I went back to the U.S. for the funeral.  Now I'm back in Taiwan and headed back to class tomorrow.  More busy-ness!

Back on this side of the Pacific, I'm going to be busy writing term papers, preparing presentations, getting ready for the Taipei Half Marathon later this month, and all the biking and swimming I can manage to fit in!

I did post a bunch of photos from the trip back to the U.S., the trip to Sun Moon Lake, and other assorted goodness over at Flickr (some are also on Facebook, if you are on there).  I'll put up a few here just for fun:

At the Formosan Aboriginal Cultural Village (FACV) near Sun Moon Lake

John at Sun Moon Lake

Barb and Lance on the Sun Moon Lake "ropeway" (cable cars)

This guy likes to ride on trains (at FACV)

On the way to the funeral

An all-grandson casket detail

Mild weather in Omaha means backyard football!

There was a massacre (of Lego men) - at the Fun Fair at John's school

Our new pets (two are still alive)

Folks, that's Carl "Stump" Merrill on the right, former NY Yankees manager (early 1990s).  He was the "guest of honor" at the school Fun Fair.

It was a rainy day at the Fun Fair.  Here's John trying to outleg his best buddy.

John's new tattoo (don't worry folks, it's only temporary!)

Sailboats on the Love River, Kaohsiung
GJS

No comments: