Saturday, October 31, 2009

Across Four Octobers

We attended a Halloween party at our church tonight. Good thing we did, because aside from that event, we sure didn't see much costume-wearing or trick or treat activity going on around town.

The church party was fun for John, there were a lot of kids there (mostly older kids than him - we actually "snuck" him in, as that the age range for the event was advertised as 4 - 14, and he's not there yet, although it seems like every day he grows at least a quarter of an inch! Seriously, I think he is growing like a weed right now!) and lots of games for him to play. I will post a bunch of photos I took of him playing games and such to the Flikr site in a few days, when I have more pictures to upload with the Halloween ones.

I am going to give you some photos, though. In preparation for this post, I searched through my photo archive earlier today and located photos from each of John's *four* Halloweens - I can't hardly believe it's been that many already! The process got me all waxing nostalgic, I mean, just look at this little fellow on his first Halloween, when he was not yet 6 months old!


Loved elephants then and still has a soft spot for them now. Couldn't even sit up on his own - Mom is just to the side of the shot trying to keep him from tipping over.


Then for his second Halloween he was a ninja, just like his best buddy Jack. Exact same costumes! Very cute.


Third Halloween - living in California - he picks a Scooby Doo costume. (Notice the elephant toy in his hand - this is not a staged photo!)

Which brings us to number four...


Thank goodness the local stores stock Halloween costumes and candy. John, like most youngsters, really enjoys Halloween and would have been pretty sour if we weren't able to do it up like home, or at least a fair approximation. (No pumpkin carving by us this year, sorry folks! You'll have to enjoy a picture from last year's iteration...)


GJS

No comments: