Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Running update

I didn’t want you to think that I had fallen off the wagon so soon, so time for a quick update on my running / exercising.

I’ve been following the classic and very simple day on / day off formula, i.e. run one day, take the next day off, run the third day, etc.  Wash rinse repeat.  On the 20th I ran 31 minutes, on the 22nd I ran 32 minutes, and today’s run was 35 minutes.  I have been doing a handful of pull-ups and push-ups afterwards, and then cap it all off with a few hill sprints (it’s not very steep or long, but it does give me an incline to work on, which is a change from the almost pancake-flat environment that characterizes most of Kaohsiung).  Today was the first time since I started back at working out that my legs felt a little tired when I started my run.  I think the hill sprints are to blame (thank) for that.

I was planning to take the GPS out on today’s run to see how far and fast I am going, but I couldn’t find it when it was time to head out the door, so I just went without it.  Hopefully next time I will have better success in locating the device in time to take it with me.

GJS

No comments: