Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hodge-podge

A few things for you today:

1. There are some new photos and video available for you on Flikr.  The new material includes the complete complement of photos from our visit to Winter Wonderland this past week (which I gave you a teaser to yesterday).

2.  The tsunami seems to have been a bust here. (Which is good, of course!)  Nobody really seemed to have been all that concerned about it, but apparently it came ashore here in Taiwan at about 2PM local time (several hours ago as I write this).  No impact at all.  The fireworks going off right outside my window upset me much more than the tsunami non-event.

3.  I've tried to integrate some audio into the blog via a service called AudioBoo. (Did you see / listen to the post yesterday?)  From time to time, I think it will be good to speak some stuff (instead of taking the time to write it all out), post it along with some photos, and let that be good.  What do you think?

4.  It's been some time since I posted any of John's artwork, so let me give you his latest Sunday School creation:


He's also been doing some watercolor painting (in addition to painting the lantern for his school's lantern festival contest), something I think he didn't really do much until Aunt Maxine came to visit over Christmastime.  He really likes to paint - thanks Maxine!  I'll get a picture of his "art gallery" where we have his paintings hung up at soon.

GJS

1 comment:

Cone said...

Everything came through fine for me ... keep 'em coming!