Saturday, January 23, 2010

Yesterday's pics - Tokyo Disneyland


John with his new friend

OK, I've discovered a work-around for my non-ability to access Flikr - it's Picasa, Google's photo sharing service.  In fact, all the photos I upload to the blog (for use for various posts, like the one above) are already there, but this is the first time I've actually used Picasa itself for uploading photos.  Why were the uploaded photos already on Picasa?  Well, it's quite simple - Blogger, the blogging service that I use for Garblog, is a Google entity, and so is Picasa.  They work together.  Flikr belongs to Yahoo, so it is not as compatible as two services that belong to the same giant company.

At any rate, here are the photos from yesterday:



Tokyo Disneyland

Yesterday we did Tokyo Disneyland and it was a lot of fun.  Today was the sister theme park, one that is unique in the Disney pantheon, called Tokyo DisneySea.  While the Disneyland park here is essentially the same as the one you can visit in Anaheim or Orlando, there is but one version of the DisneySea park, and you have to travel to Tokyo to see it.  Reportedly, it was the most expensive theme park ever built, and the fastest to reach 10 million visitors (just over 300 days).  I got this info about the parks from Wikipedia.

Today's pics to follow soon...I must be slipping, I took far less than 100 photos in a full day at the park! (yesterday was over 100 in half a day)

GJS

No comments: