Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Today's Twofer

I posted two videos on YouTube today - this one and and one featuring a xylophone. And even if it's not really a xylophone, I just love that word, so I will use it freely. You'll have to access my YouTube page to see the second video ("Musical Interlude").

Today's tourism was all in Tokyo's Ueno Park. It's a large urban park featuring a bunch of museums, a zoo, walkways, greenery, and so forth. We went to the zoo and to the Tokyo National Museum, photos from both of which are already posted at Flikr. Some really neat stuff at the museum, but we didn't really get to do more than scratch the surface - kind of how it goes when touring with a 3-year old. Not a lot of patience in those little ones a lot of the time. Much better when we got to the zoo, but it was a tad chilly there today - I think today may have been the coolest day since we have been doing active tourist stuff here in Tokyo (can't really speak for the days when we were mainly at the hospital when we first got here).

Hope you enjoy today's photos and video. Comments welcome. I have been trying to tag a few of the pics with some explanatory note, which might make them a little more enjoyable, adding a bit of context. By the way, I had quite a few of them tagged with comments last night when I went to upload them, but due to operator error, at least half of the tagged comments were lost when I had to re-start the upload about half way through. By the time I got it going again it was so late that the last thing I wanted to do was go back and re-tag them. Good intentions derailed once again by poor execution.

GJS

No comments: