Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tokyo DisneySea

We had a good time at the DisneySea park today.  We were fortunate with the weather both days - relatively mild, and lots of sunshine today. (OK, I'll admit that it was a tad cold for my taste - looks like it started off in the upper 30s today and almost got to 50.) There seemed to be a lot of people at the park today, a lot more than we saw at Disneyland yesterday, but I would bet that it was a light day in terms of paid attendance at the park in comparison to when the weather is warmer and when school is not in session.  I couldn't help but run the numbers listed on Wikipedia talking about attendance at this DisneySea park, some 12.5 million guests in 2008.  That works out to almost 35,000 each and every day, assuming that the park is open 365 days a year. (I think I saw somewhere that it is closed sometimes, maybe a dozen or less days a year.) That's a lot of people to get in and out of the gate, on rides in an orderly fashion, fed, "restroomed," and basically entertained.  And the folks at Disney do a fine job of it.  I was impressed by the parks and the experience overall (although the prices for anything involved, from hotels to park admission to food, do not come close to being a bargain, not by a long shot).  

Here are today's pics (also on Picasa - please let me know if you are having trouble viewing these at all):

Tokyo DisneySea


John is holding up pretty well, still coughing some, but for the most part back to normal during the day.  Sometimes at night he is still having a little bit of a hard time.  I think soon he will be completely over his sickness.

Next few days will be general sightseeing around Tokyo - we are done with Disney.  One more day might have been nice, but I think the day and a half we had was enough for us.

GJS

No comments: