Monday, January 04, 2010

Crunch Time



Don't think I've forgotten about you, faithful reader - I have lots for you! But now the end of my first semester of study draws near, and that means, of course, finals. I have no exams, but instead a pair of presentations (this week) and four (4) papers due next week, one for each class I am taking. What this means to you, dear reader, is that you will have to be patient and wait to see the nearly 1000* new photos that will be uploaded to Flikr at sometime in the not-too-distant future. Meanwhile, I shall be hard astudy.

GJS

*With a few days left in 2009, I remarked to Patrick that I though I could make it to 1000 photos on the month (December 2009 - hey, it was the holidays! -a period of increased photo-ness, right?). At the time I was at about 750. Patrick, Maxine and I went to Taipei for the New Year, and I was on track for 1000, with visits to the Taipei 101 observatory, the Sun Yat-sen Memorial, and the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial, but my camera's battery gave out before my "shutter eye" did. I managed a few anemic pics of the fireworks from Taipei 101 before it gave way completely just moments after midnight, and sure enough, once I got home to see where I ended up, the verdict was...999!!! Alas, I this number was before I "culled the flock" a bit and got rid of the blatantly blurry or just plain no good shots (there are always at least a few - thank goodness for digital photography, I'll just take more pictures!) So I ended the month at about 950 pics. Again, these will be uploaded to Flikr sometime soon - don't worry, I'll give you the heads-up when this is happening to you can check for new photos. When that happens, it will essentially *double* the number of photos I have on Flikr, all for you, dear reader.

No comments: