Saturday, July 03, 2010

Report: "fiddling" successful!

Alright, I can confirm that the new e-mail opt-in widget at Garblog is fully functional; sorry for the delays in reaching this point.  If after my last entreaty about opting in to e-mail alerts you signed up, you will need to go back and do it again if you want to get the e-mails now.

One other change is that the e-mails do not come in "near-real time"; they are now in a "daily digest" format.  On days when I post (I am not that regular, folks), between 3 - 5AM Central Time in the U.S. (I know that the majority of my regular audience is there), you *should* get an e-mail with new post(s).  I figure that timeframe will give you all (y'all) something to chew on for the day, served up nice n' fresh!

Of course, if you want to see developments as they happen, then you 'll just have to fire up Garblog on the web.

In one final addition, I've added the ability for readers to rate each post (I am sure this will get a lot of use...umm, not really) and to share them using your favorite social media platforms (as long as your favorite is one of Twitter, Facebook, Google Buzz, Blogger, or just plain old e-mail).  Again, this is nice to have, but I am not so sure that it will be all that useful to the readership of Garblog.  Who knows, maybe I will be surprised!

GJS

No comments: