Monday, May 31, 2010

Garblog e-mail change: opt-in (new!) versus opt-out

What the?

Some time ago, I added a list of e-mail addresses to automatically receive an e-mail when I publish a new post here at Garblog.  I have decided that this is not a fair practice - after all, none of these people asked me to be subscribed to Garblog, I simply assumed that certain folks would like to receive the posts.  In the meanwhile, I have not been told otherwise by any of the folks on the list, but I also want to leave it up to you, the reader, if you want to get posts via e-mail, read them on the blog itself, subscribe via an RSS reader, or even decide to "opt-out."  Therefore, after I publish this post, I will be deleting all the e-mails from the "auto-publish" list and you will have to visit Garblog and use the newly installed "subscribe via e-mail" widget to set up your own subscription.  All it should really entail is entering your e-mail address; simple!  But "now it's up to you."

I hope you continue to read Garblog.

GJS

No comments: