Monday, March 15, 2010

Running derailed (sort of); Update

Alright, I missed a run.  I was supposed to go out either Friday or Saturday AM, but stuff happened both days and I didn’t make it.  I corrected myself and got out there again this morning (Monday), so I am back on track.  The run I missed was going to be about an hour long (that was the plan, anyhow), but today’s was shorter because it’s going to be a hot one in Kaohsiung today – already getting pretty warm by 8:30 AM.

 

You might be wondering, where is the Week in (P)Review for this week?  Well, this also got off track, due to network issues here this week.  In fact, as I write this, the network continues to be down and you will only get to see this post as soon as it comes back up! (hopefully later today, but who knows really) We’ve got a balky ADSL modem, supposed to be somebody coming out to look at it today.  When the network dropped yesterday about noon, that was the third time this week I had to call for them to try to do a remote reset.  First two times it worked; yesterday it didn’t.  Did I mention that the service folks don’t speak any English?  I’m getting pretty good at describing how my internet won’t work using Chinese on the phone!  Phone conversations are the hardest – no visual clues.

 

The new baby hasn’t come yet, but signs are positive that we are getting closer to “go time.”  Due date remains Thursday, March 18.

 

GJS

 

 

No comments: