Monday, March 29, 2010

A couple new runs

Wanted to mention the last two runs I've done.  One was on Saturday and the other this morning (Monday).  Today's was a workman-like 5-mile effort, not bad in that I was pretty late getting out the door and it was starting to get pretty warm even by the time I took my first step. (See all details here: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/28320538)

Today's run
Saturday's run was more notable.  Even thought sleep the previous night had been rather interrupted (pretty much par for the course with a newborn in the house), I decided to go ahead and try for an hour-long run.  I had come close a couple weeks back (~55 min), but if I recall correctly, I was pushing the speed pretty good on that run, too, so not only was it long, it was relatively fast.  By contrast, on Saturday, I just decided to take it a little bit slower and make it last an hour.

Saturday - 1 hour!
In this I was successful.  The temperatures were quite cool and comfortable, which helped, and I must also admit that I am getting a much better feel for running-friendly places that aren't too far from where we live, so this helps a lot (last fall when I was running here I was primarily running only in the park across the street - I think the boredom and monotony of this is part of what led to me abandoning running for about 3 months).  I decided to head west, towards my school, and in fact I ran all the way there.  Once I was there, I took a little "victory lap" around the running track (check it out on the map).  Check out all the details here: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/28107375.

I feel like my running is coming along pretty well.  Still plenty of room for improvement, though.

GJS

No comments: