Saturday, April 03, 2010

Time to add some hills - Shoushan (壽山)

I wasn’t quite sure where I was going to run to when I headed out the door this morning, but I did know that I wanted to try to get 8 miles in.  After I got started, I saw one of the mountains to the west of the city, along the ocean and near my school called Shoushan beckoning.  “Run up me,” said the hill.

So I did.  I know I will be sore from this run!  It’s been a long time since I’ve done any hills to speak of (Kaohsiung, by and large is pretty flat) and this was also the longest run I have done since commencing “the comeback” in February.

There were quite a few people up near the zoo on Shoushan this morning.  I have been up there once before, on my bike and on a weekday, and there was hardly anyone there at that time. 

Posted via email from gjsamps's posterous

No comments: