Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Blog(s)

The last couple posts here, if you are trying to read them online, are, umm, a tad difficult to read.  This is because they are autoposts from another weblog I started a couple months ago which shares some common material with Garblog.  It's hosted by Posterous (at http://gjsamps.posterous.com/), and I just added a "widget" on the right-hand side of this blog to show the most recent posts there.  Most the time, content there will be included here as well, but from time to time, I may post something only there, etc.  I like the Posterous interface because it automatically publishes new material to Twitter, Facebook, Garblog, Flickr, YouTube, Picasa, pretty much anywhere, automatically.  Makes it easy for me.  However, the aim of the Posterous blog is slightly different than that of Garblog - Garblog has become pretty much exclusively a way for me to keep family and friends updated on what we are up to , new pictures, video, etc.  I am using Posterous as a slightly less "family"-oriented platform - not that it won't be rated "G", but instead that it will have sort of "general purpose" material that might be of interest to people besides a core circle of family and friends - the general population at large, I suppose you could say.  So, if you want to read those last couple posts clearly online, go to Posterous and read them - they are easy to digest there.

One way you can tell quickly if material is posted exclusively at Garblog is if I use my initials "GJS" to sign off the post.  That is only done with exclusive Garblog material.

Astute observers may also have noticed a third blog that I am writing.  It's been "hiding" (in plain sight, I might add) in the "The List" of other blogs I read on a regular basis for several months now (found in the right-hand margin of this blog).  It's called "Facing China" (at http://trontaiwan.wordpress.com/) and is a "professional" blog - it's about Asia-Pacific security.  It's oriented towards what I am learning at grad school and what I do at work.  I wrestled for some time about trying to integrate all these threads into a single place (here at Garblog), but in the end decided that it wouldn't work - the audiences are different.  Hence the three blogs I am now maintaining.  If you haven't seen the other blogs yet, I invite you to surf over and check them out.  While you're at it, why don't you subscribe to new posts in your favorite feed reader (I use Google Reader, and my shared items are here) or by e-mail?  That way you won't miss out on any of the new stuff.

GJS

No comments: