Saturday, May 31, 2008

'Twas The Night Before The Race...

Just a quick update from the Big Island's Kohala Coast, home of the Ironman Hawaii 70.3 race that will go tomorrow, 31 May. I hope some of you out there are going to follow along in real-time. See the sites to check a couple of posts down. I have one more site that I came across today. The gentleman who runs this site is the fellow who is in charge of the aid stations on the race course tomorrow. He mentioned that he would be taking photos and blogging real-time from the race course tomorrow, so you may want to check out his page in addition to the two I already mentioned below. The new site (fellow Blogger user!):

http://ironmanrace.blogspot.com/

I've got three eager "support humans" (Copyright Dave Sampson, ca. 2002) - Barb, John, and Jay Mackeprang - here with me on the trip and ready to see me out on the course tomorrow! Hopefully they will be able to snap a few pictures that I can put on here posthaste once the race is done tomorrow...

We will be here on the Big Island through Monday morning, then back to Oahu for a bit under 48 hours before the trip out east for the Olmsted Orientation Weekend. Before you know it, June 14th will be here and we will be heading to Nebraska / California!

GJS

No comments: