Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Good News!

Professional accomplishment: I have been selected for promotion to the rank of Captain! See the link:

http://www.npc.navy.mil/NR/rdonlyres/3EF929A9-CC28-4071-BE7D-34DAB2BEE3C5/0/ALN08040.txt

Again, I highly recommend using the 'ol Control-F, "Sampson" approach, as that there are something like 2000 names on the list.

You will see, and some may note the odd coincidence, that there is the number "1620" in front of my name. That means I am the one thousand six hundred and twentieth officer on this list to be promoted. I know, you're saying, "Man, it's going to take forever for him to actually put on his rank!" Maybe, maybe not. What will probably happen is that the first 200 or more officers on the list (numerically, not alphabetically) will be promoted first of next month, the next couple hundred the next month, etc. until the list is cleared of promotees about 6 - 8 months from now. Based on something like that, my estimate right now is that I should be wearing my new rank around Christmastime. The pay raise will make for a nice holiday gift!

GJS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That is good news, indeed. Now, it's not just a witty rhyme when I say "what's happenin, cap'n". =) I can't think of a more deserving Marine or a better candidate. Get some.