Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Briefly Noted RE: Today's Run

After successfully completing my long run last week on Saturday, a run that went over 15.5 miles, having this week's track run on Monday was simply too soon.  I suspected that it might be, but went ahead with the plan anyhow to verify the hypothesis.  As a result of incomplete recovery (I was still noticeably sore from Saturday this morning as I began to warm up for the run), I was unable to achieve the desired pace on about half of the intervals today.  I still completed the run, and by the end I felt pretty good, but I think from now on I will switch to Mondays an easy recovery ride on the indoor bike and put the interval (track) run on Tuesday AMs.  I haven't had time to post the results of today's run just yet (this is being penned during my lunch break at school), but hopefully tonight's homework load will allow me to enter the details later on.
 
GJS

No comments: