Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New Audiobook Listening Record

Since I will soon be beginning my study of the Chinese language, and in about a year heading to Taiwan, I have turned my reading / study focus towards learning more about the "neighborhood" that I will be residing in before too long. As such, today I managed to log over 3 1/2 hours of audiobook listening as I tooled about from Bellevue to Lincoln and back over the course of 12 or so hours. Today's book was "The Elephant and the Dragon: The Rise of India and China, and What It Means for All of Us" (Unabridged) by Robyn Meredith, published in 2007. I am enjoying it so far. I just started listening to it today and the recording totals nearly 9 hours, so it will take a couple more days like today to finish it off. If I can do that over the next two days (quite possible, since I plan to go to Lincoln both days), that would be the fastest I have ever been able to get through an audiobook! Wish me luck!

GJS

No comments: