Sunday, June 04, 2006

From the race start

I was a bit behind schedule getting out of the hotel
this morning, but not by much, and arrived at the race
start at 0520 vice 0500 as I had planned. No matter,
though - I still had plenty of time to get everything
taken care of. I staged my bike and associated
accoutrements, got my race number marked on each
shoulder, took a few photos, and then got out of
Dodge, so to speak. I went back to my car to escape
the buzz of nervous energy that invariably surrounds
competitors before a race, particularly a big one like
this. They said yesterday at the pre-race meeting that
there are something like 850 athletes here today.

The gusty wind shaking the car reminds me that I
wanted to talk about race day weather conditions. At
the pre-race meeting they also mentioned that it was supposed to be windier on race day than the relatively calm conditions the day before. Looks like they were right!

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

No comments: