Friday, June 02, 2006

Blogging from the airport

Im going to get pretty good at typing on the miniature
thumbpad keyboard on my Treo 600 smartphone in the
next few days. (By the way, I apologize in advance for
misspelled words that will undoubtedly result - no
spell-check.)

Im on the way to the big island for Saturdays Honu
Half Ironman Triathlon. Did I mention that there are
only 2 days until race day?!?

The logistics of getting me to the airport this
morning were greatly assisted by Grandma Mackeprang.
If she wasnt here, the trip might have had to include
a cranky baby! But since she was here, it went much
more smoothly than it could have.

I arrived early enough to allow me to write a bit, sip
some complimentary Kona cofee (one of the nice things
about flying Island Air), and jam out to some Godsmack
playing on my iPod. Im sure I look like quite the tech
geek right now! I do like electronic gadgets, for
sure.

About the Godsmack tunes, I am listening to their new
LP, titled IV. Its worth a listen. I guess this new
album has been out about a month now, and Id estimate
that Ive spun it, oh, about 25 times, at least. No,
that is not a typo! Maybe Im a weirdo (Barb, dont
answer that!), but when Im really into a record like I
am with this one, I listen to it over and over again.
Then eventually I get tired of it and move on to
something else (I have the new Tool record but have
barely listened to it - I just cant get past this
Godsmack record!). My personal favorites on IV
include, in order, Mama, One Rainy Day, Hollow, Speak,
and Livin in Sin. What a solid record!

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

No comments: