Saturday, December 18, 2010

Running, Taipei edition

Heading to Taipei this weekend to run a half marathon there.  I think I saw somewhere that there will be 100,000 participants for the event, which if true is completely mind-boggling!  I've never heard of such a large race, and was not aware that the Taipei International Marathon was a race of that magnitude when I signed up for it.  I still plan to run it, but I'm just saying...  It may because there are like 5 different race lengths offered: full marathon, half marathon, 9km, 3km "fun run" ("free entry to the first 20,000 persons!"), and 2km kid's run.  I think showing up early to the race start for this one will be a must.

You can follow me online.  Here's the link: http://marathon.taipei.gov.tw/change.action?request_locale=en_US  Just type in my bib number, 18253.  Race starts Sunday, December 19 at 7AM, Taipei time.  I am to finish roundabout 2 hours, but with all those runners to dodge and weave between, I may be way off!

I'll write a little bit about how the race went next week, if I can find time.

GJS

No comments: