Monday, December 20, 2010

9 months

Here comes trouble!

Lance will be 9 months old this week.  Hard to believe how time flies!  I am really enjoying seeing him grow up.  There are a lot of things I missed when John was a baby because I was deployed – his first tooth, learning to crawl, pulling himself up, and standing on his own. (Just for a second!)  His hair is growing in and starting to get longer.  I have been able to see all these things with Lance, and I am very grateful.



He can do more and more each day.  He loves to explore the house now that he is a good crawler, especially, it seems, the bathroom.  If you let him crawl where he wants to, invariably he will head there.  He is completely fascinated by the toilet and the toilet brush. (!)  We are doing our best to keep him away from both things, but especially the latter.  The other day, Barb caught him standing next to the toilet, seemingly trying to reach in and touch the water.  No, baby, no!

I love this toy!
While he once really enjoyed spending much of the day in his walker, he now enjoys crawling and exploring without it much more, for he can get to places this way that he was unable to when in the walker.  He pulls himself up on furniture and other items all the time.  Sometimes he will walk while holding on to my or Barb’s hands.  Too cute!

I'm growing up fast!

GJS

No comments: