Sunday, May 17, 2009

Biking

I wasn't able to get any cycling in last weekend due to our celebration of John's 3rd birthday, my birthday, and Mother's Day (lots of things to celebrate in our house around this time of year!), but today I reversed the trend, powering through a long ride of over 50 miles. Here are the stats:

50.18 miles

3:06:36 time elapsed

16.1 mph avg speed

3159 total calories (I'm going to be ready for a big supper tonight!)

Legs were pretty fried by the end. Good thing there is still about 2 months until the century ride in San Jose (12 July) – I'm certainly going to need the time to prepare.

Weather was gorgeous, not a cloud in the sky. Cool temps near the coast, but by the time that I got inland about 10 miles, I felt like I was riding into a furnace (the differences between the coastal temperatures and those inland can vary by tens of degrees).

Here's a little map chip of my route:


GJS

No comments: