Monday, November 24, 2008

This Week in Bicycle Riding (TWIB[R], 什么的)

Well, it worked out just as planned – I rode my bike to work all three days I intended to, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, accumulating nearly 70 miles in the process, which may be my "biggest" week of biking this calendar year (the only other week that probably even comes close would be the week in June when I ran the Ironman Hawaii 70.3 race, in which I rode 56 miles in one fell swoop). It's hard to express how much better I feel even just after this week's relatively modest accomplishment of logged miles, but I do feel a lot better! I sleep better at night, feel less stressed, all that. Exercise is important! Looking at the weather forecast for this week, though, makes me think that it will be hard to get even one ride to work in, especially given that it is a short week because of the Thanksgiving holiday (感恩节). We'll be off Thursday and Friday for that. Patrick and Maxine are coming to spend the holiday with us, something we are greatly looking forward to… 欢迎!


 

Big Chinese test tomorrow (因为明天我们有个大中文的检查), the end of our 1st semester of studies (第一个学期结束), so not a lot of time to write today (所以今天我没有时间为泻). Hopefully I will have more time to post later this week over the long weekend!


 

GJS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back in the saddle, so to speak. =) Now, if you'll allow me to use your blog to pimp myself, check out this link: http://www.isp.state.id.us/ scroll down the page to "meet our newest troopers" section (it's the group photo). If you click on that, it will take you to a web album of photos from our graduation. Good stuff, I think. We're looking forward to seeing you in June. Don't know if that plan is solid yet, but I'm hopin'!