Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Olmsted - The Decision

Well, you won't find it in any "official" message traffic stating this for several weeks, if not months, but I received word yesterday that I have been accepted by the Olmsted Foundation as a 2009 Olmsted Scholar! I had made the case to go to Japan based on my previous experiences there and the fact that I know some of the language already (I took 3 semesters of Japanese language in college), but the Foundation decided they wanted me to study in...Kaohsiung (高雄; Gāoxióng), Taiwan! We are all very excited about the prospect of heading to language training and then to Taiwan for a couple of years for my graduate school. We'd like to thank everyone who helped in making this possible - you know who you are! Once we have some information about when we will leave Hawaii for language training, where that language training will take place, etc., it will appear in this space. Time to learn Mandarin Chinese!

No comments: