Tuesday, May 30, 2006

5 Days Until The Race

The race is what I think about almost all of the time now. Hard not too, I guess. No, that does not mean that I neglect my fatherly duties or my job or my marriage, I am just almost always thinking about pacing strategies, fueling tactics, rest and recovery leading up to the race, the trip over to the big island, etc. I took apart my bike today and cased it up for the trip (thank goodness I don't have to put it back together! I leave that to the professionals, in this case, at HP Bike Works in Kailua-Kona. Dave, remember how much fun it was helping me take my bike apart and box it up for the first time back at your place in November? It was twice as much fun doing it all by my lonesome, let me tell you!). The good part is that taking the bike apart now is good practice for when I will take it apart again after the race on Saturday; it should be easier then, having done it twice in less than a week at that point.

On another front, I'm happy to note that I am not sore in the least from yesterday's brick workout, which is a good sign.

Also, we're happy to welcome Grandma Mackeprang to the house for the next week or so. She's here to visit her new grandson, of course, and to help Barb and I adjust to our new roles, much like Aunt Kristine did when she was out here a week or so ago. Welcome!

No comments: